Sales & Marketing Assistant
About Sales & Marketing Assistant
Sales & marketing assistants help to implement an organization’s marketing strategy. Supporting the marketing manager, marketing assistants draft ad-campaigns, update the website(s) and social media pages, plan events and provide administrative support.
Typically a sales & marketing assistant will:
- Assist the marketing manager and marketing team
- Assist with the production of marketing materials and literature, such as web content, brochures, and social media contents or materials
- Assist with the collation of information for promotional literature
- Help organize events, exhibitions, and seminars, making bookings and overseeing the guest list
- Upload material to the website(s), social media pages, online libraries, and marketing department databases
- Write and proofread copy
- Help design and place advertisements
- Evaluate marketing campaigns using tracking and analytical software and assess the results
- Liaise with graphic and website designers
- Be the main point of contact for external designers and printers
- Help with presentations by assembling videos, slideshows, and analyses of competitors
- Visit clients and attend trade shows and exhibitions
- Encourage other departments in the organization to take part in promotional activity
- Great interpersonal skills: Sales & marketing assistants need to build relationships with a wide variety of people. A personable manner, a proclivity for team-working and adaptability are all important
- Excellent written and oral skills: Marketing assistants will be called upon to write online or hard copy content for campaigns so that you will need strong copywriting skills. You will also have to regularly deal with clients and suppliers, face to face or on the phone
- IT skills: You will need proficiency in MS Office packages and often Adobe InDesign and PhotoShop
- Organisational skills: Marketing assistants have to work on multiple projects, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy
An undergraduate degree in marketing (or a professional marketing qualification) is preferred. But often diploma or relevant institute is welcome to apply.
Experience of between one and three years in mass communications and marketing is preferred. Experience or qualification in graphic design can be helpful. Interns or Fresh Graduates are also welcome to apply.