About Digital Marketer
Digital marketers oversee the online marketing strategy for their organization. They plan and execute digital marketing campaigns, working closely with the design team to maintain and supply content on our website(s). Engage with the public through social media and ensure visitor flow to digital sites. Digital marketers also analyze and report on visitor data and devise new ways to market products.
Typically, a digital marketer will:
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns
- Oversee a social media strategy
- Manage and maintain the organization’s website(s)
- Write and optimize content for the website and social networking accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Track and analyze website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
- Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion
- Work on printed material to supplement online products
- Continually work on the Search Engine Optimization of the website(s)
- Fix any errors or bugs in online content
- Edit and post, video and audio content to online sites
- Create online banner adverts and oversee pay per click (PPC) ad-management
- Write copy for email marketing campaigns
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments, particularly developments in mobile marketing
- Editing and writing skills: You need to devise and edit content for various digital platforms. Writing blog posts may well be an integral part of the job
- Speaking skills: These will mainly be deployed internally. You will need to be able to explain coherently to others, who may not be familiar with the medium, how digital technologies work and what their marketing application is
- Video editing skills: Website and social media content will not just be text but frequently visual as well
- Project management skills: Digital marketing executives also need to be good at handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines
An undergraduate degree in marketing (or a professional marketing qualification) is preferred. But often diploma or relevant institute is welcome to apply.
Experience of between one and three years in digital communications and marketing is preferred. Experience or qualification in graphic design can be helpful. Interns or Fresh Graduates are also welcome to apply.